• Who are we?
• How do we collect your information?
• What type of information is collected from you?
• How is your information used?
• Who has access to your information?
• How can I edit or delete my data?
• How long do we keep your data?
This policy covers how Swissbet personal information that Swissbet collects and receives, including information related to your past use of Swissbet products and services. Personal information is information about you that is personally identifiable like your name, address, email address, or phone number, and that is not otherwise publicly available. This also covers the new General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) which takes effect in the UK from 25 May 2018.
Who are we?
Swissbet (a trading name of Swiss Interactive Software GmbH) is a software services company based in the UK.
How do we collect your information?
Swissbet collects personal information when you register with Swissbet , for example when you download a piece of content or register for our newsletter or submit a ‘contact us’ form. We also collect data when you use Swissbet products or services, visit our website or when you visit Swissbet’s premises.
What type of information is collected from you?
The personal information we collect from you might include your name, address, email address, IP address, and information regarding what pages are accessed and when. Other information may also include:
• search terms you have used to find our website
• a record of all browsing behaviour including links clicked. This is done via a cookie which is set on your first arrival to our website and the contents of any form you submit to us. It is possible to switch off cookies by setting your browser preferences. For more information on how to switch off cookies on your computer, visit our full cookies policy. Turning cookies off may result in a loss of functionality when using our website.
• we retain all personal information disclosed by you to us
• we will not seek to append personal data without your permission.
• information on engagement with the emails and SMS messages you receive from us.
• your browser user agent, as freely transmitted by your computer. This includes your browser build information, your device type and your computer’s operating system.
We will only collect and use your information where we have lawful grounds and legitimate business reasons to do so.
By submitting your data to Swissbet through one of our data capture points you are confirming the following:
• you are doing so in your capacity as a representative of the company
• you are over 18 years of age
• you are accepting the relevance of Swissbet products and services to the business interests of the company
• you are providing information that will allow for the communication between Swissbet and the company only
Information we will not collect:
• we will not collect information related to browsing habits outside of our own domains (namely Swissbet.com)
• personal information relating to you and your private life, such as gender and age.
How is your information used?
Swissbet uses information for the following purposes:
• improve and customise the marketing and content you see
• fulfil your requests for products and services
• improve our services
• contact you in relation to a request for your personal information
• send communications that may be of interest to you, such as content related to your request, newsletters, marketing news, products and services
• conduct research
• provide anonymous reporting for internal and external clients.
We have physical, electronic, and procedural safeguards that comply with government legislation and regulations to protect personal information about you. We will ensure we have appropriate physical and technological security measures to protect your information regardless of where it’s held. We will ensure that when we outsource any processes the supplier has appropriate security measures in place.
Who has access to your information?
Swissbet does not rent, sell, or share personal information about you with other people or non-affiliated companies except to provide products or services you’ve requested, when we have your permission, or under the following circumstances:
• we may provide the information to trusted partners who work on behalf of or with Swissbet under confidentiality agreements. These companies may use your personal information to help Swissbet communicate with you about offers from Swissbet and our partners. However, these companies do not have any independent right to share this information.
• we respond to subpoenas, court orders, or legal process, or to establish or exercise our legal rights or defend against legal claims.
• we limit access to personal information about you to employees who we believe reasonably need to come into contact with that information to provide products or services to you or in order to do their jobs.
• we train our staff on their privacy obligations
Swissbet works with vendors, partners, advertisers, and other service providers in different industries and categories of business.
How can I edit or delete my data?
If you have any questions regarding the processing of your personal data you should contact our data controller: Josh Miller, email: josh.miller@Swissbet.com.
• you can request to be removed from the Swissbet database at any time by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org from the email address which we hold on our database.
• you may request a copy of the information. We will provide this free of charge, and no later than 30 days from the receipt of request.
• where the request is manifestly unfounded or excessive, we reserve the right to charge a fee. We may also charge a fee if you require further copies of the same information.
• we will update our records when you inform us that your details have changed.
• we will observe the rights granted to you under applicable privacy and data protection laws and will ensure that queries relating to privacy issues are promptly and transparently dealt with.
• in the event that you have not received a response within 30 days you have the right to contact The ICO, Wycliffe House, Water Lane, Wilmslow, SK9 5AF, email: https://ico.org.uk/global/contact-us/email or telephone: 0303 123 1113.
You have the right to object to:
• processing based on legitimate interests or the performance of a task in the public interest/exercise of official authority (including profiling);
• direct marketing (including profiling); and
• processing for purposes of scientific/historical research and statistics.
• contact us immediately if you want to object to the use of your personal data as outlined above.
• stop receiving marketing and sales emails from us by using the unsubscribe link contained in emails or by contacting us here. Please note that in order to stop sending you marketing and sales emails, it may be necessary to retain your email address. If you would like to completely remove your details from our database please be aware that you may receive emails in the future if you return to our site and complete one of our data capture forms. You will be able to opt-out as before.
How long do we keep your data?
We will continue to review and assess the quality of our information. We will implement and adhere to information retention policies relating to your information and will ensure that your information is securely disposed of at the end of the appropriate retention period.
Links to other websites
In addition, if you linked to our website from a third party site, we cannot be responsible for the privacy policies and practices of the owners and operators of that third party site and recommend that you check the policy of that third party site.
Swissbet may update this policy. We will notify you about significant changes in the way we treat personal information by sending a notice to the primary email address submitted to us by you or by placing a prominent notice on our site.
Questions and Suggestions
If you have questions or suggestions then please, contact us.